Rules & Regulations
Dr. V. K. Chitnis Oration Award
Any life member of MOS who has done exemplary work in Clinical / Scientific aspects of Ophthalmology.
Dr. S. N. Cooper Oration Award
Non-ophthalmologist / Physician-Medical specialist or research scientist who has worked on Ophthalmic aspects in his specialty.
Dr. S. D. Athavale Award
Any life member of MOS who has done exemplary work in “Community Ophthalmology”.
F. D. C. Award
Any life member of MOS who has done exemplary work in Ocular therapeutics
Bell Pharma Award
MOS member below the age of 45 years who has done excellent work in on surgical aspects Ophthalmology except for cataract
- Nominations to be invited from life members of MOS for each of these awards.
- A short summary of the C.V and a 50 line abstract of the presenting paper of nominee be sent. The nominee must present the paper in person. In very un avoidable circumstances, co author of the paper/another member nominated by this presenter may be allowed to read the paper with the permission of the President of MOS. Those applying for V.K. Chitnis oration must do with full text.
Category I :
Free Papers presented by MOS Members
Best Paper No 1 : Presented by Bombay Ophthalmic Association.
Best Paper No 2 : Presented By Pune Ophthalmic Association.
Category II :
Member of MOS under the age of 40 years presenting in the Free Paper session. This is called the YKC Pandit Prize.
Category III :
Allotted to FP session by post graduate in Ophthalmology of regular MOS members – presented by Bell Pharma.
Awarded to post graduate presenting the best paper in the field of Community Ophthalmology
- The post graduate must be associate or life member of MOS.
- He / She must have participated in the study
- Study work must have been carried out in India
- Merit will be considered for community work done in patients having poor socio economic background and / or from remote areas having geographic barriers.
There will be a separate video session during the conference. A written abstract of this presentation mentioning the time limit to be sent before the due date i.e. 15th June 2009. The actual video also must be sent to Chairman Scientific Committee by 1st Sept 2009. A compiled DVD / CD will be made by scientific committee and given to Local organization for actual presentation in video session.(A live presentation or video brought at the time of conference will not be shown).
- Honored to senior members not less than 65 years of age
- Actively participated in the society for a minimum period of 10 years
- Can be recommended only by the societies affiliated to MOS. The affiliated society may recommend any name posthumously.
- Recommendations should be sent to the Chairman, Scientific Committee along with 11 copies of his detailed bio-data & photograph with information regarding contribution to MOS organization, Scientific work, Community work and Health education work.
- Recommendation should come from the District Ophthalmological Society with detailed bio-data and academic & social and scientific work done
- He / She may be full time or honorary teacher in service or retired but should be a recognized post graduate teacher for a minimum period of 15 years, recognized by University or National Board of Examination, Delhi.
- Final decision by Managing Committee of MOS on the basis of his work and bio-data.
For non Ophthalmologist working for the cause of prevention and eradication of blindness and for rehabilitation of the blind